Friday, October 24, 2008

a fun review of fable II

Fable II is definitely one of the hottest topics in gaming right now and each new review offers more insight into the many cool aspects of this RPG, which Lionhead Studios released for the Xbox 360 this week. This particular article highlights the "trade-offs between virtue and experience and the relationship between ruler and ruled" in the newest game by designer Peter Molyneux, who created the original Fable as well as the Black and White games.

I was an honorable man when I began my quest for ultimate power. In my youth I was a hero. I put others’ needs before my own. I sacrificed my body to protect the innocent. Lionized far and wide, I returned home after years battling my nation’s enemies, a paragon of virtue.

Then I turned to politics. I married an aristocrat. I built a fortune in the beer business. And as my wealth grew, so did my quest for power. With the highest office in the land within my grasp, I was seduced into betraying my principles. I turned from the path of righteousness and fell into corruption. I sacrificed my honor in desperate lust to become king.

That’s how I have played Fable II, the delightful and provocative new role-playing game from Microsoft for the Xbox 360. How you play is entirely up to you.

Video Game Review - Fable II - Date With Destiny of Your Choosing

No comments: