Thursday, October 30, 2008

beatles songs on rock band... sigh

I may occasionally call myself old but really I'm not that old; still, I find myself feeling all crotchety over the news that MTV is planning on infusing Rock Band with Beatles songs. This will be the first "digital" media to score rights to tunes by the Beatles; not even iTunes sells their songs, apparently. So now everyone will be able to "play" along with the favorites. I imagine it will sound something like: "In the toooown... TAP TAP TAP where I was boooorn PLASTIC NOISES lived a maaan BUTTON MASHING who sailed the seeeeaa...". On the other hand, how cool would it be if Apple Corps allowed the songs to be used in a trippy video game version of Yellow Submarine? That would actually be kind of amazing.

With Deal, Beatles Songs May Enter Digital Age

No comments: