Monday, March 16, 2009

peachy!

One of my new acquisitions this week was Super Princess Peach which I just couldn't turn down as I looove the adorable pink princess. I always thought it was a little lame that the princess always had to be saved by Mario and friends so I'm all about the idea of Peachy having her own story and having to go rescue those dumb Italians from Bowser for once. The jury is still out on whether it's offensive or hilarious that Peach's special moves all come from manipulating her emotions - crying with Gloom to water plants, using Rage pyro skills to burn bridges, floating in the air with Joy or healing yourself with Calm. I'm going to go with "offensively hilarious" although "hilariously offensive" works too. Really though I'm enjoying this game a lot, it's great fun to get back to the side-scrolling adventures in Mario world that got many of us into gaming in the first place but with a spiffy new heroine. The controls are pretty nice in this game although I'd love to see a game more obviously designed for the DS - this one has minimal touch controls aside from some mini-games and the emotion ("Vibe") controller on the bottom screen which really works better to hit with thumbs than the stylus, and no one likes touching the DS screen with fingers, at least I don't. Thank goodness for screen protectors. Still, as I said I'm finding this game a welcome addition to all the gloomy mystery games I've been playing lately and any fan of Princess Peach should check out this lovely girly game.

No comments: