Monday, March 30, 2009

these puzzles are not easy

The Nintendo DS is a great system for puzzle games as it has the added benefit of portability, making games like Crosswords DS or Brain Age a nice alternative to just listening to music on the go. I picked up the New York Times Crosswords game for the DS this weekend and I have to say it is much tougher than I expected! I am a fan of the print puzzles and can usually work through one eventually but I guess I thought the DS format might take it easy on the user. Not so. If you're a fan of New York Times crossword puzzles then this game is a great way to condense 1,000 puzzles into one little cartridge with reasonably smart letter writing recognition. However, expect to feel like a dumbass after the first several C- and D+ grades you get in Challenge mode!

No comments: