Thursday, April 30, 2009

ps3 to dominate 3 to 5 years from now?

As the saying goes, when the video game market gives you lemons, make lemonade! Outgoing President of Sony Europe, David Reeves, calls the Playstation 3's market success a "tortoise and hare situation", predicting that the PS3 will slowly begin to steamroll the Xbox 360 and eventually reach a dead heat in sales. I guess he believes that there is real strength and promise in the selection of upcoming PS3 titles will eventually have people wondering why they ever doubted the system in the first place.
People will say PS3 took a while to get going but it really caught up very quickly and confounded many of the critics from the first year," he said of the consoles position on the market.
"When I see the line-up ahead, when I see what's lined up on the new product side, I'm very, very optimistic for what I see for PlayStation's future in the PAL territories," he added.
I have heard rumors that Sony is planning a re-release of the backwards-compatible Playstation 3 that plays most PS2 games. I could see potentially buying one at that point but the PS3's current price tag and fairly threadbare game library just aren't enough to get me yet. I guess we'll see if Reeves' predictions play out or if his optimism is just wishful thinking.

PS3 to be dominant in 3 - 5 years, says Reeves

No comments: