Monday, April 27, 2009

watching tv is a good thing!

I had a great helpful interaction at work yesterday and I chalk it all up to watching too much TV. Thanks, cable! Anyway, I'm sure you've seen the slew of DS and DSi commercials that are out right now. Well, a lady came into our store looking for a game she had seen on one of these commercials. I was busy innocently stickering used games when I overheard my coworker blindly guessing at puzzle games to try and figure out what this lady was looking for ("Ummm, there's... Matchstick?"). Being a big fan of commercials as well as DS games, I butted in and asked if I could help. "Well, there's two women on a couch..." 'Nuff said! That's Professor Layton and the Curious Village. I confirmed that it was indeed the triangular coin-moving puzzle she had seen with Phoebe from friends, located the nearest store with it in stock and sent her on her way. The moral is that watching TV and especially commercials is in fact good for your job. LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a fan of DS and commercials? I am a fan of leaving the room when commercials come on, even if I have no reason to leave. Sometimes I'll hum and plug my ears while blinking a lot.

-Andrew

emdroid said...

Andrew, I am professionally interested in marketing so I can't help but keep an ear listening to commercials. I think the DS ones are cute - I love the Beyonce Rhythm Heaven ones. Totally convincing me I want that game! :D