Thursday, April 9, 2009

30 adventure games worth playing

One of my favorite genres of games is the adventure game, which is generally characterized by an open environment you can explore, items to find, use and combine, puzzles to solve, and a deeper plot and character development than you get with most games these days. I personally prefer the point-and-click variety that don't demand real-time action or fighting but I've played quite a few adventure titles in my day and they definitely offer a more all-encompassing gaming experience than your average shooter or beat-em-up. This list doesn't include my all-time favorite adventure franchise, the Gabriel Knight series, but then again those are old. Still, this is a pretty comprehensive list of the adventure genre with a lot of great suggestions, some of which I have already tracked down and plan on trying out.

No comments: