Thursday, January 22, 2009

windows 7 possibly less offensive than vista

Having just bought my first Vista laptop I will say I don't hate it as much as I had come to think I would. I mostly use this computer for internet and writing rather than gaming because I have an awesome 22" monitor on my other PC, but Vista has gotten in the way a few times, I will admit. I've had a few of those moments of "wait, I know we asked you five times already but are you SURE you want to delete that?" and that is pretty annoying. Also, it kind of seems like almost every program has a Not Responding hiccup during loading even if it does successfully load. Aaaaanyway, Windows 7 is next on the horizon and, while it is built on Vista and thus probably not that different, it does sound like they mostly fixed the problem of the operating system itself eating up RAM and Vista needing way higher specs to run games than XP would.

No comments: