Thursday, January 15, 2009

why online only, why?!

With the 2/24 release of 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand approaching, IGN has some pretty great preview info on what will surely be one of the defining video games of our lifetime. Apparently it has a pretty damn fun co-op mode but it's online only! I can't say that I would necessarily have bought this when it comes out but I would have been much more motivated to it if I knew my boyfriend would be able to back me up as Lloyd Banks or some other member of G-G-G-G-Unit! Anyway, perhaps I will someday need to rent this game and buy a one-month gold membership just to play it but I can't really get too excited about games that emphasize their online content more than anything else. Still, blowing stuff up in the Middle East while cursing in true gangsta fashion does sound pretty awesome...

No comments: