Wednesday, June 24, 2009

spore: galactic adventures review

The newest expansion pack for Spore on the PC has hit stores and it sounds like Spore: Galactic Adventures has some cool new features to offer that really enrich the Space stage of the evolution-based strategy game. I have to admit that I played through several different creature evolutions in Spore and enjoyed the game quite a bit but definitely agreed with many critics that you get to the Space stage and, well, other than mining spice and terraforming planets I didn't find all that much to do. I think the controllable captain mode of Galactic Adventures as well as the level/adventure editor tools that come with it will be really cool and add a lot of innovative gameplay aspects to Spore. IGN gave Galactic Adventures a "Good" 7.7 in their review. I think I will pick this EP up eventually but I think for now Sims 3 is still at the top of my PC gaming priorities.

No comments: