Friday, June 5, 2009

first impressions of sims 3

Well, it's been a fun three days of enjoying The Sims 3 on the PC since it came out. One thing I know for sure is that Sims 3 makes all your Sims 2 games obsolete because OMG the advancements! My favorite things so far are the new personality system with mix'n'match traits, the recolorable clothing, and the moodlets triggered by actions, positive or negative. The map view is pretty revolutionary and you almost don't notice that you never hit a loading screen because, well, you just never do! That in itself is a huge step forward, especially if, like me, you were playing Sims 2 with 8 expansion packs and 9 stuff packs, not to mention ridiculous amounts of custom content. I have yet to try out the new movie making features but am looking forward to creating some cool movies with my Sims using the new tools built into the game. One thing I've noticed is that it's definitely worth playing multiple-sim households because the fastest fast-forward speed is waaaay slower than in Sims 2 and they do spend a lot of time sleeping and at work. Still, the ability to define what your sim is doing at work and have it affect his or her jobs and relationships is pretty great. All in all I couldn't be happier with Sims 3 and I look forward to learning more about it and discovering all the cool features that I haven't even used yet. Two thumbs up for sure!

No comments: