Friday, August 29, 2008

video game boobs: beauty vs. reality

Come on, we're talking about games generally conceived by, developed by, and marketed to dudes 14 to 28. Of COURSE the boobs are going to be more fantasy-like, perky yet ginormous, never constrained by supportive undergarments (see Taki at left). Still, I enjoyed this article I just read from a cool but somewhat defunct site for gamer chicks called GRRLGAMER that explored the fascination with huge bouncing breasts in many video game titles. You can read the full article here- Got Boobs? Breast Physics in Video Games.
"Now, I don't know about the rest of you, and I can appreciate the female body too, but how do large boobs and their physics contribute to a good game? The time developers spend creating exaggerated breast physics could be spend working out playability issues, better controls and even plot details."
Hmmmm. I guess most of the games I play are not really the big-titted kind, so maybe that's why I generally have few complaints about playability, control or plot :D

No comments: