Tuesday, August 19, 2008

finally, some time for what's important in life


After a hiatus for the last few weeks in order to finish my grueling outdoor summer job, I'm done with my contract and am ready to kick back with some delicious Dunkin Donuts iced coffee (coconut flavor, with skim milk and splenda) and enjoy the splendor of my electronic entertainment once again. I've got two new games coming out in the next weeks - Apartment Life, the next (and presumed last before the Sims 3!) EP of the Sims 2, and of course SPORE, highly anticipated evolutionary artificial intelligence!

In the meantime, I've rekindled my love for bashing the hell out of my friends and loved ones in Nintendo's smash hit (see what I did there? Get it, smash? har har) for the Wii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I really missed my Wii when I had no time to be playing; it's just so friendly and welcoming, you feel a little guilty when you don't turn it on for three months! Now, I usually think female characters in games can be a bit ridiculous, like, I don't necessarily want to play with some chick whose only clothing is thin metallic straps covering her various lady parts. Smash Bros. makes good on its female characters - not that it's hard when they are drawing from an incredibly rich pool of characters from the various Nintendo and other games - Metroid's Samus and Twilight Princess's Sheik/Zelda combo come to mind, for example. Personally though, my ultimate fave will always be Princess Peach, who I had come to love using in MarioKart 64 so very long ago.

If you are a girl and you are being pressured by your guy friends into playing Smash Brothers Brawl... DO IT! Do it, seriously. It's really, really fun. Use Peach - she is totally awesome and honestly, I have always been one to subscribe to the button mashing technique when it comes to fighting games, and Peach's moves make this strategy totally worth your while (especially when playing against your boyfriend who is a Smash Bros junkie and likes to use the big, mean, cheap-ass characters like Snake, Captain Falcon and King Dedede!). Say it with me: Ha-CHA! Ha-CHA!

Also, how cool is the SmashWiki from wikia gaming? I love the Did You Know? section, because no, I did not know that Yoshi's egg roll will negate the Falcon Punch if the two moves collide.

No comments: