Wednesday, August 20, 2008

who says cute games don't have mass appeal?


The release date of SPORE is just around the corner and the internet is all abuzz with previews and more about the long-anticipated game. Well I was poking around YouTube this morning (OK, I was watching my own videos, I admit it) and happened across the Spore Creature Creator Dance Off Contest at their channel. Some of these videos are really hilarious and others are just downright adorable. I missed out on scoring the Creature Creator when GameStop had a deal on it but I'm going to try out the trial and see if it's worth picking up the full version later on.

In the meantime, the SPORE website is really fantastic and just spending a few minutes there, you can get an instant preview of what looks to be a really diverse selection of body parts and body types. They have a cute fat blue blob thing that sprouts pink feathers, and I just spotted what looks like a pink "brain ball" with big orange eyes and little red legs. Too weird, and I can't wait to get this installed! Spore will be shipping out September 7, so until then at least I can practice making crazy creatures and maybe even post some on YouTube.

No comments: