Thursday, August 28, 2008

a sensitive, thinking game for x-box?

Awha?? Just kidding, I'm sure there are many titles out there for X-Box that make you think. But I just recently heard about this one, Braid, on NPR (my fave, especially when they cover video games). The guy who designed it said he made it for himself rather than for any target audience, and apparently as a result the game is really beautiful and deep. The main character is trying to figure out his own psyche after a bad breakup, I guess? Each level that is completed leads to more introspective exploration, rather than collecting trophies or killing bad guys. If I ever have a chance I would love to give this game a try. Really, it surprises me that it's an X-Box game because it looks more like a high-tech internet flash game.

No comments: