Tuesday, October 14, 2008

ps3's spore wannabe looks awesome

OK, so I actually don't know if Little Big Planet is actually anything like SPORE, but the marketing sure makes it sound like they are doing their best to piggyback on the success of EA Games' big fall 2008 release for PC. I guess it doesn't actually have anything to do with evolution or anything but it appears to be very cute and aimed at the more casual (read- not a mom's-basement-WoW-type) game player. I don't know much about this game at all and unfortunately it looks like it's exclusively for the one console we don't have. Sure looks cute, though! The graphics really look beautiful and the simplistic stop-action look to the characters is really appealing to me. This definitely looks like my kind of game and I guess that much like SPORE it will derive a lot of its gameplay from the user experience and player-designed characters and levels. I'm glad to see more and more games coming out with customizable aspects; I think it shows a different level of effort and depth on the part of the game designers, and it certainly helps to extend the gameplay of any game, especially one that retails for $59.99!

No comments: