Friday, September 26, 2008

yay old games on emulators

Many gamers are enthralled with the latest and greatest graphics, speed, seamless gameplay and other high-tech advances in video games. Personally, I can appreciate those things, but I love me some old games! I've mentioned the Gabriel Knight trilogy for PC, 1993 to 1999, as pretty much my favorite games ever. It can be a challenge getting old games to run well on newer machines, and dang near impossible to get an old NES or Genesis to boot up, which is why emulators are awesome. Sure, the Wii can now play old games but it's nice to get them on the PC. I finally got Parappa the Rapper for Playstation (p.s. - super cute website there!) working with a great PSX emulator called ePSXe. It's so fun hearing all the crazy songs again but daaaaamn is it wicked hard using the keyboard keys instead of the far more intuitive Playstation square, circle, x and triangle buttons. Still, good fun, and really it is pretty much the original ancestor of today's ridiculously popular Guitar Hero and Rock Band type games. Playstation had some great games and it's nice to be able to go back and play them without needing a PS3.

No comments: