Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SPORE video

Well my last post was about SPORE and since then I have played quite a lot of it (and so has my boyfriend, we have never been such computer nerds before, I swear!). It is truly a great game and it seems like the years of development that went into it paid off. It's very complete, intuitive yet challenging, and really cute and fun. I made an herbivorous creature that ended up sort of centaur-like, that proceeded to convert everyone else to its religion before blasting off to space. I made a video (my first non-Sims movie) from some clips I took of the creature's "spirit" in the Civilization level converting towns on the continent through religious persuasion.


My boyfriend's game looks very different - his creature from the beginning was pure evil, running around slaughtering all the other innocent tribes and developing into a horrifying fly monster looking thing. Now that he is in the later stages his goals are all about the military, rather than religious like mine has become because I don't like to kill other creatures. You can also end up with an economic focused game I think if you start out omnivorous. I plan on starting a new world fairly soon and making more craaaazy creatures!

No comments: