Thursday, September 18, 2008

wii gets worse reviews than other consoles

As much as I love my Wii, I have to admit that I understand why games released for it often get lower review scores than their PS3 or XBox counterparts. The latest example of this phenomenon is Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, which was came out this week. Gamespot.com gave the Wii version just a 6.0 while the PS3 release got a more favorable 7.5. Seems like this usually comes down to the motion controls, and the fact that focusing on those often means holding back on amazing graphics and smooth gameplay.

Not that I would be very interested in this game to begin with (although my boyfriend has insane Star Wars knowledge and will probably pick this up for his XBox) but it saddens me that more games aren't really made with the motion controls of the Wii in mind. It makes sense that the controls seem tacked on after the fact on many games, because for the most part they were! I've also heard the Wii called "a GameCube that makes you run around the room waving your arms like a fool", in regards to its poor graphics. Personally, I heart the Wii and like the controls for things like Wii Sports and Zelda; I recognize, however, that many Wii games are really better off being rented than purchased. *cough* Spyro *cough-cough* Sounds like SW: TFU falls in that category.

No comments: