Monday, May 18, 2009

survival horror heaven

Since we added the PS3 to our household I have yet to actually play a PS3 game - there just aren't that many PS3 titles that intrigue me past the major cross-console titles out there. Still, a huge part of the reason we sought out the backwards-compatible PS3 was to get access to the incredible library of PS2 games out there. I have been crazy busy lately, but I can't wait to have some free time to try out my newest acquisitions: Fatal Frame and its sequel, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly. The Fatal Frame games are supposed to be deep, plot-driven, original and extremely scary. A fourth one has been made for the Wii but will never make it to America, sadly.
An isolated imposing manor lurking silently at the edge of a forest and near the outskirts of a small nameless village? Such is the starting point for this game which reinvents the survival horror genre.

No comments: