Monday, February 16, 2009

deadly creatures was fun

I picked up Deadly Creatures this weekend and while it was not the longest game, I have to say it was one of the more original gaming experiences I've had in a while! A Wii exclusive title, Deadly Creatures got an 8.0 on IGN and I definitely agree with most of their review. This game could have used just a little more love especially as you near the end of the game; graphic snags and weird glitches happen a bit more often, plus the plot really rushes along to what you could call a pretty anticlimactic ending. Still, I had a great time fighting snakes, rats, lizards along with other insects with my protagonists, the tarantula and the scorpion. The camera follows you all over the place, up walls, across ceilings, giving you a very unique perspective of the game. This works especially nicely with the unfolding of the human plot, voiced wonderfully (if not too sparingly) by Dennis Hopper and Billy Bob Thornton. I definitely recommend this game to anyone looking for a fresh and fun approach to Wii controls with (for the most part) really stunning graphics. Two pincers up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really nice blog post....its an excellent information Deadly Creatures was fun nice.....
xbox 360 repair

Paul said...

This makes me want to check this game out! I live in the desert and I've seen plenty of spiders and scorpions out here. -paulzero