Monday, September 29, 2008

wiimotes make great pompoms

One of the "girl games" on the horizon this year is We Cheer, which comes out tomorrow. This NAMCO title (which I've seen as both We and Wii Cheer but I'm trusting the non-nintendo branded one) uses the Wii's motion controls to simulate cheerleading. Personally I have zero interest in such a thing and I have to imagine that any young girl who would want to play this might be better off like, trying actual sports or something. It may be misguided but I still have to support games being targeted at girls, even if it will still be awhile before the game companies truly understand their young female market. Also, I love the line from the Gamespot preview: "Swing your arms in circles and try to overlook your questionably-proportioned preteen avatar."

No comments: