Tuesday, September 16, 2008

how scary is the joker in arkham asylum?

Most of the time when a movie (especially a blockbuster) has a companion video game, it seems like the game is pretty much just the movie except broken into actions and decisions to make. Sometimes they can be great - I enjoyed the Harry Potter game for the Wii, though I had the good sense to just rent it - but often they are rushed to market, shallow, and boring. That's why I think it's super cool that following the huge success of The Dark Knight, we're going to see a game that references back to the original comic stories in Batman: Arkham Asylum. The new movie was a fun and scary shift from the Batman films of the 90's and this game looks like a similar appreciation of the dark original storylines. I love the idea of the Joker on a Lecter-style hand guerney at the asylum. I'm sure we'll end up buying this game when it comes out.

No comments: