Thursday, July 9, 2009

symphony celebrates video game music

This is awesome. The Pittsburgh Symphony is putting on a special show paying homage to some of the greatest video game music ever composed. The show, "Video Games Live", has actually been performed since 2006 (get a taste of it in this YouTube video) but this will be its Pittsburgh debut. The guys behind the show are composers Jack Wall and Tommy Tallarico, who emcees the event. The show features music from Legend of Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog, Tetris, Super Mario Brothers and other classic game favorites. While the show is popular with gamers, Tallarico says it is actually those less familiar with the games that are most blown away by the beautiful and complex music showcased in "Video Games Live". I would love to see this show!
“Reaction to our show has been amazing,” Tallarico said. “We’ve heard everything from ‘Gee, my daughter just asked if she can take violin lessons to learn how to play the music from Final Fantasy’ to the hardcore gamers with tears in their eyes saying ‘I’ve waited my whole life for this, and thanks for helping to validate my passion and my hobby.’”
Symphony got game

1 comment:

Sean said...

It is very good, I went this May and loved it.