Wednesday, June 17, 2009

rhythm heaven is so awesome

I have been neglecting my DS lately (it was to be expected with Sims 3 coming out, of course) but I picked it up the other day and revisited my game in Rhythm Heaven, Nintendo's strange and wonderful music/rhythm game on the DS. It's one of those games that is so simple that it's easy to forget how much fun it is, but it truly is a good time. I managed to get through the mercifully short second remix and unlock the third column of games. I got through the love lizards game which is adorable and hilarious (success in the mating dance game = babies!) and am now working on the stomp farmer which is a bit more difficult. I also unlocked a couple of prizes by getting opportunistically-timed perfect scores in certain levels, a nice extra feature that gives the game more depth and more replay value (though it is not lacking for this on its own). If you are a DS fan and haven't tried Rhythm Heaven, pick it up soon, you won't regret it!

No comments: