Thursday, August 28, 2008

sims 2 apartment life


So I picked up the new (and final) Sims expansion yesterday and have been enjoying it so far. I've heard mixed reviews including that the magic element being introduced was the main new addition to the game, and that living in apartments didn't seem to change much. Personally I'm not too interested in the magic and haven't really found that it's being forced down my throat or anything. I'll probably try it eventually but for now I'm enjoying the apartment living format, having multiple separate families all living on one lot. I always thought the dorm setup in University was pretty great and I wished there were some way to make dorms as apartments in main hoods. So, for me, adding apartments is a great thing. Also, I think EA has done a nice job of wrapping up the Sims 2 and providing some things that the online community has been wanting. Spiral stairs, ceilings and more toddler/baby interactions come to mind. I've only noticed a couple of little bugs so far but that's pretty par for the course with EA at the helm, and I'm sure a patch will be released soon enough.

No comments: