Friday, September 18, 2009

me so sorry!

Wow, it's been way, waaay too long since I've posted anything on this poor blog. I am such a neglectful blog-mom! But really, it hasn't been pure laziness like it usually is - I've been going through some pretty big changes to my everyday life in the last few weeks on top of doing a bit of traveling and the blog, well, it's just been sitting collecting cyber-dust. What's happened so far is this: I was laid off from one of my jobs (the career-oriented one, sadly - damn this economy!) but was immediately offered a new full-time job as the assistant manager of a store comparable to the Android's Dungeon on the Simpsons. I've also been calling it "Kind of A Lot O' Comics". We sell comic books, collectible action figures and statuettes, trading cards and vintage video games and game systems. It's actually pretty awesome and of course I consider myself lucky to have lost one job and gotten another one so quickly in today's job market. On top of that, my boyfriend and I traveled to his best friend's wedding for a weekend (and got much handheld gamage done on the road). Finally, because stress and money worries aren't enough, I've been fatigued and feeling like death for a few weeks now and finally decided to go to the doctor, who kindly informed me that at age 24 I have MONO! Boooo. So now I'm doing my best to get over that damn thing and not being able to go into work for a few days while I loll about on vicodin and prescription cough syrup.

Anyway, none of these are really good excuses for neglecting my lil' blog here but hey, things happen, video games go unplayed and video game stories go unreported. I'm going to try to power through some posts this weekend and get caught up - zero posts in September is a serious for shame. Sooo, anyone with cool ideas on stuff they would like to see me write about, feel free to drop me a comment. Also, to my (few but awesome) loyal readers, thanks for checking back and sticking with me, I promise that the future will bring far more regular postings, especially as we head into the holiday season, which always provides endless coverage on new games, system changes and big news in the video game industry. Thanks again for reading, emdroid hearts you!

1 comment:

Joanthan said...

Eh, I can't find a job for the life of me. Worst yet my parent in laws think I am a bum now.