Wednesday, July 30, 2008

very cool sims 2: apartment life trailer on official site

Click here to view the video trailer for the new Sims 2 Expansion Pack, Apartment Life, releasing in August. Click here to learn more about the upcoming EP.

I love the character development even in a 1 1/2 minute long trailer. LOVE the sports fan face paint and body paint... that's a new look we haven't seen yet in any other EP. I've got my copy reserved with $5 down... seems weird to pre-order PC games and especially the Sims, but when Free Time came out I picked up the single available one; all the others there were preordered reserved copies. I found that weird but at the same time I have to feed my Sims 2 addiction and must buy any new EPs and even Stuff Packs the day they are released (dork). Anyway I hope EA Games hasn't included as many bugs and effed-up functions in this EP as came with Free Time... it would sure be nice to not have to wait around for a patch to fix all the crash-causing issues with this one. EA needs to make sure it treats the Sims with the care and attention it needs... after all it is the top selling PC game franchise and ranks below only a few big names overall like Mario, Pokemon and Madden NFL.
I also reserved EA's big non-sports title of the year Spore, which I had long since figured I'd need a reserve for, what with all the hype surrounding its long-anticipated release this September. Sadly I missed out on a sweet deal the EB games in my mall had going a few weeks ago where they were giving away the Spore Creature Creator preview disc for free if you traded in two Wii games. I was pretty bummed when we went to get Mario Galaxy this weekend and they had ended the promotion. You snooze, you lose, I guess!

No comments: